Summer Term 2023
Class assemblies – In the summer term we have class assemblies to a full audience of the school and parents. These all start at 2:30. Parents should arrive for 2:25.
- Wednesday 3rd May – Year 3
- Wednesday 10th May – Year 4
- Tuesday 16th May – Year 5
- Thursday 18th May – Reception
- Thursday 25th May – Year 1
- Thursday 22nd June – Year 2
Sports Week – The week beginning the 12th June is sports week. Parents are invited to attend the events which, weather dependant, will take place on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Monday 12th June am – Fun Sports for the whole school
- Tuesday 13th June am – EYFS- Reception and Nursery
- Wednesday 14th June am – KS2
- Wednesday 14th June pm – KS1
- Thursday/Friday – Reserve days
Transition Days – In the second half of the summer term we hold our transition events for the new school year. Some of the key dates are:
- Tuesday 13th June – 6pm Open evening for new parents Reception class September 2023
- Thursday 6th July – Moving up morning into September 2023 classes
- Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th July – Broadland Transition days for Year 6 into Year 7
Year 6 – The last term in school for our Year 6 is always a special one. Some of the key dates for them
- Week 8th May – SATS Week and SATS breakfast Tuesday 9th to Friday 12th
- Friday 19th May – Post SATS treat
- Friday July 7th – Camp out
- Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th July – 6.00 End of term performances
- Friday 21st July am – Leaver’s Assembly for parents
Parent Book Look – Each class will be holding a book look for parents to come in and look at your children’s books this term. This will take place between Monday 15th May and Friday 26th May. Dates for each class will follow.
Other events – some other key dates are:
- Friday 5th May – King Charles III Coronation celebration and picnic
- Tuesday 20th June – Geography Day led by Mr Cavender
- Thursday 13th July – Reports out to parents
- Friday 14th July – Whole school trip to the Hippodrome – funded by our fantastic Friends of Rackheath School. (FORS)
- Saturday 15th July – The FORS Summer Fair
Clubs and sport – A list of clubs for the summer term has gone out and the clubs will start next week. The summer term is our busiest for cluster sports with Year 2 multi-sports, netball, cricket, athletics and swimming events all taking place.
Year 5 are swimming for the first half of the term and Year 6 will swim in the second half of the term.