The Anglo-Saxons have invaded year 5…and they did it in style!
Today was our Year 5 Anglo-Saxon day where normal was thrown out of the window…it was a day focused on the lives of the people who helped shape the country we know today! The activities that we took part in today were:
– Creating clay coins with our own fictional Tribal symbols
– Cooking an Anglo-Saxon meal of Chicken Stew, Bread, and Stewed Apples
– Looking at the artifacts that have been left behind and creating our own
– Using Anglo-Saxon Runes to design door signs for our bedrooms
– Learning about Anglo-Saxon societies through role play (we were all given a person to be for the day e.g. Kings, Thanes, Freemen or Monks)
We had a great day and gained loads from it! The photographs only tell half the story!!!