Rackheath Bombers Pre-school became part of Rackheath Primary School in September 2019. Previously it was committee run by parent and carer volunteers.
Having been in existence for over 40 years Rackheath Bombers Pre-school has seen and responded to a great number of changes; however we have maintained our commitment to provide safe, secure learning opportunities which support children’s development whilst acknowledging the individuality for every child and their family. We have a well-qualified experienced team with a common purpose —to provide the best possible service for the children in our care. Senior staff have been employed for over 15 years and the current team of staff have been together for over two years. Staff have a sound knowledge of the EYFS and maintain this through Continuous Professional Development. During the last few months we have worked as a team to reflect, discuss and amend our practice in response to the revised EYFS in particular how we track children’s progress and the progress check at age 2.
All staff hold relevant childcare qualifications and have attended Child Protection training within the last 3 years. All staff members have a current First Aid certificate. Designated staff attend and update training for Risk Assessment, Equality and Diversity, Special Educational Needs, Fire Safety and SENCO. We also have a Safeguarding Lead Practitioner. All staff are expected to further their professional development by attending courses that cover topics of specific need or interest.
Early Years Foundation Stage
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) defines the legal requirements and standards for promoting the care, learning and development of children from birth to five years in Ofsted registered childcare provision. The EYFS requirements include:
- The Learning and Development Requirements which shape the activities and experiences that childcare providers offer children.
- The Assessment Requirements which detail how childcare providers monitor and plan for children’s progress.
- The Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements which ensure children are kept safe and have their welfare promoted.
Find out more about EYFS here.
Our Mission Statement
To enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age by encouraging parents to understand and provide for the needs of their children through community groups.
Our Aims and Objectives
- Rackheath Bombers Pre-school provides a safe and secure environment where young children can learn and develop through play.
- Each child is valued as an individual, regardless of gender, race, religion, culture, class, ability or family circumstance and is encouraged to develop at their own pace.
- Our setting acknowledges parents as a child’s first educators. We encourage and support parents to be fully involved with their child’s learning whilst at the group.
- By creating a positive environment we support and enhance children’s emotional health and well-being.
- Rackheath Bombers Pre-school offers a balanced curriculum to provide for the social, physical, intellectual and creative needs and development of children in its care.
- By focusing on the child’s needs, encouraging family involvement and providing developmentally appropriate resources and activities Rackheath Bombers endeavours to assist every child to achieve their full potential.