We aim to provide opportunities that broaden the children’s experiences and believe that children learn best from first hand experience. To support this we arrange a variety of visits and visitors to enhance the curriculum and extend the work in the classroom. For example children have experienced trips to:
And been visited by:
- Traditional Molly Dancers for dancing and traditional East Anglian stories
- A theatre group performing Shakespeare
- An Ancient Greek Soldier, A Tudor Lady, An Anglo-Saxon, World War 2 airman and land girl.
- The School Waste Action Club to set up our compost bins
- A didgeridoo player and tried it for themselves
- Captain Splosh
- A Capoeira instructor
Every other year pupils in years 5 and 6 have the opportunity to take part in a residential trip. This year the children visited Brancaster Millenium Centre. In the past they have stayed at Wells Field Study Centre and Holt Hall. This trip costs approximately £140 and parents have ample notice and an opportunity to pay by instalments. The trip is always a huge success and a fantastic opportunity for our children to experience staying away from home, trying new things and learning at the same time.