We aim to provide opportunities that broaden the children’s experiences and believe that children learn best from first hand experience. To support this we arrange a variety of visits and visitors to enhance the curriculum and extend the work in the classroom. For example children have experienced trips to:
- Norwich Castle for Victorian Days and Tudor Days
- Gressenhall Museum to find out about life in World War II
- Norwich City Football Club Study Centre
- North Walsham Rugby Club Study Centre
- Big Sing event at Catton Grove School
- Sea Life Centre Great Yarmouth
- How Hill
- Banham Zoo
- The Broads on a Cruise Boat
- The Poppy Line
And been visited by:
- Traditional Molly Dancers for dancing and traditional East Anglian stories
- A theatre group performing Shakespeare
- An Ancient Greek Soldier, A Tudor Lady, An Anglo-Saxon, World War 2 airman and land girl.
- The School Waste Action Club to set up our compost bins
- A didgeridoo player and tried it for themselves
- Captain Splosh
- A Capoeira instructor
Whilst pupils are in Year 3 and 4 they have the opportunity to attend a 2-night trip to the Horstead Centre near Coltishall. This costs approximately £140 and parents have ample notice and an opportunity to pay by instalments.
Pupils in year 6 have the opportunity to take part in a 4-night residential trip to Aylmerton Field Study Centre close to the North Norfolk Coast. This trip costs approximately £260 and again parents have ample notice and an opportunity to pay by instalments.
These trips are always a huge success and a fantastic opportunity for our children to experience staying away from home, trying new things and learning at the same time.